You’re down late in the fourth and desperately need a 3 to get your team back in the game. What do you do?
It’s a time to turn to a play that’s been proven to work. All of these 5 plays have been drawn up by a coaching legend and shown to work in the most pressurizing situations in the NCAA or NBA. So whether you’re:
- Needing to score a 3 off an inbounds from your own half- use Nova by Villanova’s Jay Wright
- Looking for a late shot clock BLOB play- use Flat Curl 2 by Colorado’s Tad Boyle
- Want a simple youth play out of a timeout- use Double Flare by Baylor’s Scott Drew
- Looking for the game winning catch and shoot 3- use Spurs STS by the Spur’s Gregg Popovich
- Want a 3 during regulation out of a BLOB- use Side Elevator by UAB’s Jerod Haase
These are five go to plays when you need a 3- check them out, practice the ones you like and add them to your playbook!
NOTE: these are my names for the plays. As you can see they’re more descriptive than secretive- feel free to change them up according to your system.