In this interview we talk about:
- 9 pound ball. How to strength is a major factor in youth basketball.
- 1 handed shots and 1 handed passes. Should we be doing them?
- Importance of footwork and body coordination
- Importance of small sided games
Coachbase practice planner app download:
About coach Bigelow:
Former NBA player, Bob Bigelow, speaks worldwide about youth sports programs, and provides new approaches for positive change in fully meeting the needs of young athletes as the top priority. Bob was an NBA first round draft choice and played four years for the Kansas City Kings, Boston Celtics, and San Diego Clippers. He played collegiately at the University of Pennsylvania for Hall of Fame Coach Chuck Daly. He has devoted several thousand hours researching and lecturing about organized youth sports and its effects on children and adults. Since 1993, he has conducted over 2500 talks and clinics worldwide. Bob has also been selected as one of the “100 Most Influential Sports Educators” by the Institute for International Sport at the University of Rhode Island.
Latest posts by Coach Keith (see all)
- Interview: Secrets to high school coaching with team USA U17 Don Showalter - May 12, 2017
- 5 Ideas To Get Your Players To Buy-In to Your System TODAY - December 7, 2015
- Coaching 1st grade to 8th grade with Bob Bigelow - November 30, 2015